The Snaith School, school council is made up of 5 sub sections:
- -Buildings & Premises
- -Healthy Schools
- -Teaching and Learning
Each sub section runs their own separate campaigns and raises money for its causes.
Examples of such projects which have been undertaken are:
- -Bake sale by the Teaching and Learning council to raise money for a school in Africa
- -Litter pick by the Eco council
- -Campaign for better windows by Building & premises
- -Healthy Schools helped run the Healthy schools week
- -Eco have campaigned and received a grant for funding for clean energy
- -Building & Premises ran a campaign to look after and respect school property
- -Building & Premises lobbied for a new ramp outside the porta cabins
- -Media council advertised and ran the Marie Curie wear yellow none uniform day.
The School Council is the voice of the school population.
In addition to the events mentioned above the school council were heavily involved in the process of appointing our new head teacher Mrs Blackledge.
If you require anymore information regarding the school council or wish to join please see Mrs O’Sullivan in the Pastoral Mangers office.