Business and Enterprise
“The highly effective work of the specialisms in business and enterprise and applied learning has enabled students to develop outstanding workplace skills through the many links with business”
As a Specialist Business and Enterprise School we continue to provide a broad and balanced curriculum. We enrich and extend learning by encouraging economic and business understanding. We have developed a variety of enterprise activities and opportunities for pupils to follow including;
- Business Studies GCSE offered at yr9
- 2 weeks work experience offered to yr11 pupils
- KS3 Pupils get the opportunity to run the school shop during break times
- In November the whole school participates in ‘Global Enterprise Week’ with a recycling project carried out during form time
- In October yr8 get involved in a full day business related project for ACE day.
- Business, careers and money management all form part of the school PSCHE curriculum
Our Enterprise education is made up of three 3 key strands
Where we encourage pupils to develop a range of key skills including being creative, innovative, managing risk, problem solving, decision-making etc.
Business and Economic Understanding
Local companies provide staff to support learning and pupils have the benefits of visits to companies within the local community.
Where we strive to increase pupils' awareness of how to effectively manage their money and to consider the key decisions to be made in the future.
We firmly believe that in developing enterprise skills we are developing essential lifelong skills; skills such as communication, problem solving, numeracy, team-working, leadership, innovation and resourcefulness are developed throughout all aspects of school life. We aim to equip our pupils with the skills they need to be successful at school and give them an invaluable edge for their university courses and future careers by ensuring that they become independent self-motivated learners.