About The Snaith School
Business and Enterprise
“The highly effective work of the specialisms in business and enterprise and applied learning has enabled students to develop outstanding workplace skills through the many links with business”
As a Specialist Business and Enterprise School we continue to provide a broad and balanced curriculum. We enrich and extend learning by encouraging economic and business understanding. We have developed a variety of enterprise activities and opportunities for pupils to follow including;
- 2 weeks work experience offered to year 11 pupils
- KS3 Pupils get the opportunity to run the school shop during break times
- In November the whole school participates in ‘Global Enterprise Week’ with a recycling project carried out during form time
- Business, careers and money management all form part of the school CLIVE curriculum
Our Enterprise education is made up of three 3 key strands
Where we encourage pupils to develop a range of key skills including being creative, innovative, managing risk, problem solving, decision-making etc.
Business and Economic Understanding
Local companies provide staff to support learning and pupils have the benefits of visits to companies within the local community.
Where we strive to increase pupils' awareness of how to effectively manage their money and to consider the key decisions to be made in the future.
We firmly believe that in developing enterprise skills we are developing essential lifelong skills; skills such as communication, problem solving, numeracy, team-working, leadership, innovation and resourcefulness are developed throughout all aspects of school life. We aim to equip our pupils with the skills they need to be successful at school and give them an invaluable edge for their university courses and future careers by ensuring that they become independent self-motivated learners.
Values and Ethos
Pupils ‘routinely hold doors open for others and the vast majority conduct themselves in a calm and orderly manner on corridors and around the site’ OFSTED 2017
At The Snaith School we aim to provide the best possible education and opportunities for each individual pupil.
We enable our pupils to enjoy life, grasp the opportunities it offers and be equipped to meet the complex challenges of the 21st century.
We encourage our pupils to grow and develop emotionally, to be able to understand and respect themselves and fully engage and interact with those around them.
The Snaith School staff are highly committed and strive to provide an exceptional educational and all-encompassing experience for all pupils.
We provide outstanding pastoral care, high standards of behavior and a happy, thriving and progressive school environment.
We all work hard to promote a culture of mutual respect, honesty and high aspirations.
In achieving this the school will maintain and develop its caring, inclusive, disciplined ethos and traditional values, emphasizing respect for the individual and the integration of all staff and pupils within one community where:
- Every child counts and no child is left behind
- Education is tailored to individual needs, interest and aptitude to ensure that every pupil achieves and reaches the highest standards possible
- High quality education is learner centered towards performance targets
- Pupils are prepared to deal confidently with adult life
- Pupils learn how to learn
- The full potential of all pupils and staff are developed
- All members of the community support the school and are proud of its achievements
- The environment is safe and secure and is conducive to learning