"Diminishing the Differences"
If you think you are entitled to Free School Meals and Pupil Premium funding please click here to find out more and complete the form.
Pupil Premium is an additional grant provided for pupils who:
· Are or have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any time in the last six years
· Children Looked After (CLA who have been in local authority care for 1 day or more)
· Have parents/carers in the armed services.
Schools receive additional funding on the basis of the number of pupils they have who are eligible for Free School Meals or are a Child in Care or a Service child.
Pupil Premium funding is used to support these pupils in many ways, helping to ensure their experience of school life is a successful and positive one.
It aims to make sure their needs are met both in and out of the classroom and they are able to access the same opportunities available to them as Non- Pupil Premium pupils.
We believe every child has the right to succeed and that equality in every aspect of daily school life helps to maximise a pupil’s potential. Pupil Premium pupils are supported within the whole school structure and they also have access to additional resources available to ensure they are fully integrated into the everyday life of the school both academically and personally regardless of their circumstances outside school.
In making provision for Pupil Premium pupils we recognise that not all who receive Free School Meals will be socially disadvantaged and not all socially disadvantaged will be in receipt of Free School Meals and also that individual circumstance change. We therefore strive to support all pupils in our care in every way we can throughout their school life.
At The Snaith School we have developed a robust Pupil Premium strategy to address our Pupil Premium Pupils barriers to success and to overcome these allowing them to flourish in our school environment and achieve their full potential both academically and personally.
The Snaith School Pupil Premium Strategy 2021/2022:
Following is a brief summary of some of the types of additional support that is provided:
· Literacy and Numeracy Intervention programmes
· Support with Educational visits
· Mentoring provided by The Snaith School staff
· Increased attendance support and monitoring to reduce absence
· Key Stage 4 Revision and Mentoring
· Classroom based Teaching Assistant support
· Rewards scheme and extra-curricular activities – linked to improving attendance and attainment.